Articles on this Page
- 12/18/14--23:53: _A reclaimed wood de...
- 12/19/14--19:00: _PJ 259 – DIY deer a...
- 12/21/14--13:40: _The little twiggy r...
- 01/23/15--19:00: _PJ 263 – salvaged j...
- 01/28/15--18:00: _Metal filled winter...
- 02/05/15--22:17: _How to survive Disn...
- 03/03/15--23:18: _Growing rust in a s...
- 03/06/15--19:00: _PJ 269 – Upcycled m...
- 04/05/15--22:52: _Motivation through ...
- 06/15/15--00:29: _How to revive flowe...
- 06/25/15--00:48: _A junk, teens and H...
- 06/28/15--11:07: _Make your own rusti...
- 07/05/15--19:00: _A summer hydrangea ...
- 07/29/15--15:45: _Old beach sign towe...
- 08/23/15--19:00: _A nature inspired b...
- 09/27/15--20:28: _4 – a fall hydrange...
- 09/29/15--21:57: _My secret to arrang...
- 10/12/15--23:07: _The shed incased wi...
- 10/18/15--18:00: _An illuminated cabi...
- 11/09/15--21:43: _Make a Christmas th...
- 12/18/14--23:53: A reclaimed wood deer and Christmas tree mantel
- 12/19/14--19:00: PJ 259 – DIY deer and other taxidermy takes
- 12/21/14--13:40: The little twiggy rustic Christmas tree that was perfect for us
- 01/23/15--19:00: PJ 263 – salvaged junk hearts
- 01/28/15--18:00: Metal filled winter fireplace mantel
- 02/05/15--22:17: How to survive Disneyland during Christmas with park pictures galore
- 03/03/15--23:18: Growing rust in a spring yard
- 03/06/15--19:00: PJ 269 – Upcycled moss projects
- 04/05/15--22:52: Motivation through pressure washing the patio
- 06/15/15--00:29: How to revive flowerbeds you don’t take care of
- 06/25/15--00:48: A junk, teens and Harrison Lake kinda day
- 06/28/15--11:07: Make your own rustic beach, lake, and bed & breakfast signs
- 07/05/15--19:00: A summer hydrangea mantel with a twist
- 07/29/15--15:45: Old beach sign towel hangers
- 08/23/15--19:00: A nature inspired branch ladder plant stand
- 09/27/15--20:28: 4 – a fall hydrangea dressed up dresser
- 09/29/15--21:57: My secret to arranging hydrangeas
- 10/12/15--23:07: The shed incased with its fall shawl
- 10/18/15--18:00: An illuminated cabin resort sign for a fall mantel
- 11/09/15--21:43: Make a Christmas themed grain sack coffee pillow instantly!
If someone asked me what I was most addicted to in the DIY world, I’d have to say reclaimed wood, old signs… and branches. Interestingly enough, nearly everything I’ve made this Christmas has involved branches of some sort. So why would my Christmas fireplace mantel be any different? You actually already caught a glimpse of […]
Welcome to Party Junk 259 – DIY deer and other taxidermy takes Every Friday, 7 PM through Sunday 11 PM Pacific Happy weekend, everyone! With us getting ready to take off for Christmas, this place is no where NEAR a home tour. I may have to bypass it this year. But you can certainly catch up […]
My son and I rarely agree on a Christmas tree. He wants the kind that have been pruned and prodded and sang to all season, in hopes of having the most spectacular perfectly shaped tree in the land. The kind where you need 10 boxes of lights, and is so dense, you need to put as many […]
The post The little twiggy rustic Christmas tree that was perfect for us appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
Welcome to Party Junk 263 – salvaged junk hearts Every Friday, 7 PM through Sunday 11 PM Pacific Hello my fellow junkers! With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, I thought it would be fun to revisit the land of salvaged junk hearts. We junkers are a different breed, are we not? Not that there’s anything wrong with sparkles […]
Fireplace mantels… have you winterized yours yet? Well, this metal filled winter fireplace mantel project was not planned. And it’s entirely possible that’s why this DIY home decor vs just cleaning happened! I think I’m going to quit planning. Welcome to Heap of Change #3! The event where you are challenged to get your home back, through […]
Nearly every day, my boy still brings up Disneyland. If it’s not about Disneyland, it’s about Disneyworld, which he has never yet visited. And in my eyes, that means our Disneyland over Christmas trip was a massive success! Funny how all you think about is how tired you are when there, but once home looking at your pictures, you wish the […]
The post How to survive Disneyland during Christmas with park pictures galore appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
The sun came out in our area. And while it’s nice to see, it’s still fairly cold. So I’ve had no enticement to get outdoors and play in the soil yet. But spring is struggling to reach its way to the top regardless. As cold as it has been, I just felt like taking a walk […]
Welcome to Party Junk 269 – Upcycled moss projects Every Friday, 7 PM through Sunday 11 PM Pacific Happy weekend, everyone! I’ve been doing a little yard work lately…even mowed my lawn for the first time! Whoop! So I’m in the mood for shots of green. I tend to be a brown thumb where plants […]
I think it’s safe to say, some days it’s just really hard to get fired up about doing stuff. Upon doing a sweep with my eyes in every possible direction, undone things can feel like too much. Unfortunately, in these cases, it’s a matter of getting out of the chair, and forcing myself. How spoiled […]
In my opinion, cleaning and planting outdoors is no different than cleaning and decorating indoors. If a room is messy, the best way to clean it up right is to gut it, then start over. You know those magazine perfect gardens with everything just so? Well… that isn’t realistic in my yard. I have no idea how […]
Now that school is out, it’s been fun to dash off here and there without the worry of punching a mental time card or watching a clock of any kind. There’s always too much work to do of course… but sometimes ya just gotta bust out of town and go play instead. Which makes for a […]
I’ve said for years I’ve wanted a cabin on the lake. But I’d also take on a beach house somewhere tropical with no issue! Since that hasn’t transpired, here’s a way of pretending I’m there anyway. Introducing, the Getaway Collection from Funky Junk’s Old Sign Stencils! And the coolest part? There are countless ways to mix and match these guys. […]
The post Make your own rustic beach, lake, and bed & breakfast signs appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
My poor fireplace mantel. It hasn’t been changed out since I did this version with the dried brown hydrangeas. During winter! Can you tell I’m not huge on seasonal decorating? I honestly would have just left it, but the metal containers were really dusty and it needed a good clean. Plus I wanted to summerize it […]
I think it’s impossible to have too many hanging opportunities in a home. Or on vacation for that matter. Between drying pool towels and beach towels, (tough life I know!) every chair back was used. I was always wishing there were a few more hanging options by the door. But I will admit… I dreamed this project up […]
Congrats to winner #38 Carol B! You have been emailed. Well, it isn’t everyday I post for 5 reasons! 1. A new project, 2. inspired by a new book, along with 3. a few new stencil designs, and 4. two giveaways, plus 5. a great deal! When I get my mojo back, I don’t mess around […]
Guys, I nearly cut out this week. I’ve been struggling with a companion paint colour for the white blog office, so that project is still on hold. And then life took some unexpected turns. Result? Nothing done. Nothing. Just a bunch of silly paint redos. Clearly, my least fav DIY thing is choosing paint colours. […]
One of my most fondest memories of going to my grandma’s house was admiring her hydranga bushes. Oh my goodness… they lined the entire one side of her house in heavenly, abundant blooms! Not being a green thumb at all these days, I’m always astounded that my own hydrangea bushes produce anything! It must be […]
Yawing to the beginning of a new day, I always like to glance outside before stumbling down the hallway towards the caffeine machine. The two cats are generally snoozing along side me somewhere, so after I scratched behind their ears, I stood up to take in the view. Overcast… normal. Wet… very normal. Green… oh yes. Quite […]
I have often shared my dream of having my own lake front cabin. I’m also kinda blessed to have a rock floor to ceiling fireplace that could be in a cabin. So I decided to celebrate fall… Cabin Resort style this year! But there’s more… Today I’m teaming up with a TON of other desperately artistic […]
The post An illuminated cabin resort sign for a fall mantel appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
If there ever was a benefit to being the indecisive type, I think I may have found one! Eureka! I stumble through unsolved mysteries all the live long day. I second guess, question, and in the end, I just need options. Can’t be locked into any one thing. Can you relate? So when I started getting requests for some […]
The post Make a Christmas themed grain sack coffee pillow instantly! appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.