Articles on this Page
- 11/17/15--20:26: _Sleigh Rides Christ...
- 11/18/15--21:19: _Ski lodge winter si...
- 11/19/15--20:56: _The reclaimed wood ...
- 11/23/15--23:02: _Reclaimed wood hot ...
- 12/06/15--17:00: _Santa’s Picnic By T...
- 12/08/15--17:42: _rustic twig Christm...
- 12/11/15--19:00: _PJ 309 features DIY...
- 12/14/15--22:18: _A visit to the Chri...
- 12/16/15--19:14: _Cute Christmas coke...
- 12/17/15--19:43: _Scrooge-less reclai...
- 12/21/15--00:14: _A natural cabin in ...
- 12/24/15--12:18: _Wishing you a Merry...
- 12/27/15--18:26: _5 minute ideas with...
- 12/29/15--22:16: _14 – A drastic old ...
- 01/12/16--22:40: _Funky Junk’s best D...
- 02/02/16--21:44: _When less becomes m...
- 03/03/16--21:09: _Mantel decorating w...
- 03/06/16--17:00: _Funky garden junk o...
- 04/28/16--00:00: _A faux spilled buck...
- 05/25/16--22:45: _Flower filled Baycr...
- 11/17/15--20:26: Sleigh Rides Christmas card holder sign
- 11/18/15--21:19: Ski lodge winter sign with ladder storage for an entry
- 11/19/15--20:56: The reclaimed wood hot cocoa bar I wish I had
- 11/23/15--23:02: Reclaimed wood hot cocoa tray with a cool lettering trick
- 12/06/15--17:00: Santa’s Picnic By The Campfire: A Christmas Mantel
- 12/08/15--17:42: rustic twig Christmas tree ornament on a branch
- 12/11/15--19:00: PJ 309 features DIY Christmas signs!
- 12/14/15--22:18: A visit to the Christmas tree farm… under protest.
- 12/16/15--19:14: Cute Christmas coke crate candle centrepiece
- 12/17/15--19:43: Scrooge-less reclaimed wood Christmas tree and star
- 12/21/15--00:14: A natural cabin in the snow Christmas tree
- 12/24/15--12:18: Wishing you a Merry perfect for you Christmas! – with video
- 12/27/15--18:26: 5 minute ideas with a minimalist Christmas junk decorating tour
- 12/29/15--22:16: 14 – A drastic old signs coat hanger front entry redo
- 01/12/16--22:40: Funky Junk’s best DIY of 2015 – then and now
- 02/02/16--21:44: When less becomes more, with a moody winter mantel
- 03/03/16--21:09: Mantel decorating with a reclaimed scrap wood window box
- 03/06/16--17:00: Funky garden junk orb thanks to a broken barrel
- 04/28/16--00:00: A faux spilled bucket of spring flowers, and a cleaner flower bed
- 05/25/16--22:45: Flower filled Baycrest antique wagon by the front door
My friends, I’m soooo excited about the next 3 days! I haven’t been posting much lately, but there’s been a reason. I’ve been busy working on 3 new winter sign designs, styled in super unique, upcycled ways. There will be plenty of Christmas inspiration to inspire your own take this season! #1 – Sleigh Rides Christmas card holder sign – you are […]
Welcome back to 3 unique and wonderful ways to use winter signs. #1 – Sleigh Rides Christmas card holder sign #2 – Ski Lodge Entry Sign with Ladder and Crate Storage – you are here! #3 – Reclaimed wood Hot Cocoa Bar I’m not certain I’ve ever talked about my skiing days. But I use to be […]
The post Ski lodge winter sign with ladder storage for an entry appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
Welcome back to the 3rd ‘how I used winter signs in unique ways!’ #1 – Sleigh Rides Christmas card holder sign #2 – Ski Lodge Entry Sign with Ladder and Crate Storage #3 – Reclaimed wood Hot Cocoa Bar – you are here! Imagine if you will, just coming off the frozen pond in the back field. […]
I currently have this agenda for my home. You already know I’m in the midst of cleaning and painting. But more than that, I really want to get rid of all the stuff I don’t like. The goal is to be able to swing the camera around, click wherever I wanted, and be proud of what I see. […]
The post Reclaimed wood hot cocoa tray with a cool lettering trick appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
Do you ever story tell with your decorating? Let’s get into that in a big way in a moment. But first… Today is soooo exciting! This post is part of a MASSIVE Christmas blog hop, hosted by Hometalk.com (find my work on HT HERE) and CountryLiving.com where home and garden bloggers from all over are sharing their brand new […]
The post Santa’s Picnic By The Campfire: A Christmas Mantel appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
Every Christmas, I’m inspired to gather my shopping supplies from the great outdoors, and come up with something different. So today, I’m sharing my newest… a rustic twig Christmas tree on a branch ornament, made in minutes! You may recognize the method. It’s a variation of the original twig garland created HERE. With the tiniest of twists… If […]
PJ 309 features DIY Christmas Signs! Every Friday, 7 PM through Sunday 11 PM Pacific Hello, and welcome back to another weekend full of great junk! Being that everyone’s currently in high Christmas gear, this weekend’s linkup is special! Who doesn’t love a Christmas sign? I just fired up a new Christmas Signs board on […]
I was planning to take my boy away somewhere cool for Christmas. After last year’s Disney experience (which was amazing, although exhausting), I thought it would be neat to experience my beloved, glorious Maui during the holidays. You know… relaxing! We’ve seen the sights already last summer, so this round, it would be about moseying out to the […]
The post A visit to the Christmas tree farm… under protest. appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
I knew I’d be in trouble the moment this cute Christmas coke crate candle centrepiece brainstorm hit. On a scale of 1 – 10, how much horizontal space do you have for Christmas decorating? Well, if you’re anything like me, it’s about 1%. We need every available counter top and table top in this place, […]
I’m embarrassed to admit, I can’t remember the last time I decorated outdoors for Christmas. Much of that has to do with the front door and side windows needing paint. And the concrete needing work. And the whole outside needing… a good farmhouse experience. Or something. Or a pretty for sale sign on the front yard would work […]
The post Scrooge-less reclaimed wood Christmas tree and star appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
Have you been taking in all those gorgeous, non decorated Christmas trees here and there lately? I’ve loved their simplicity. So after getting our tree home, I honestly did attempt to decorate it to the hilt. But… everything just felt wrong. Spindly trees look strange with lots on them. I love this real tree’s quirkiness, and wished to highlight that instead. […]
Click video above to view. When our plans didn’t pan out to go away for Christmas, I had to swallow a big lump in my throat. I had something else completely different in mind. My toes would be buried beneath the hot sand while waves came splashing upon the shore. The humidity would be hugging my […]
The post Wishing you a Merry perfect for you Christmas! – with video appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
Our lead up to Christmas had the strangest twists this year. All kinds of things happened, that required my time in other places other than decorating and preparing for Christmas properly. So when Christmas Eve arrived, I decided to gift myself with a clean, company ready home, even if no one visited it but us. Every paint […]
The post 5 minute ideas with a minimalist Christmas junk decorating tour appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
You know when you take a before picture, and it’s so bad you cringe because you don’t want to show the world ‘that photo?’ Because they may all run from the room screaming while scaring small children, and maybe even unfriend you because they can’t possibly know someone with a home like THAT? Please cover your mouths […]
The post 14 – A drastic old signs coat hanger front entry redo appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
Well junkers, this is a good time to look over the entire year in one big scroll. So what went down in 2015? Ohhh…. well… I purged, painted, collected old wood, made cool stuff with old wood, organized better, created more storage. Then I saw a little more of the world, then came back home […]
Watch out world… I’m in a colour-less mood. Even more so than normal. This can change at any given moment of course! Once the Sleigh Rides Christmas mantel came down, the mantel actually sat bare for awhile. A reset, if you will. I was just done seeing ‘stuff’. What was so attractive about ‘bare?’ Invisible. Didn’t grab […]
The post When less becomes more, with a moody winter mantel appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
When we were in Hawaii last summer, we went to this little town called Paia, in Maui. It wears a true hippy vibe, with patchwork buildings, tall looming rustic trees, with plenty of dreadlocks and bare toes for good measure. So when I whipped up this little window box, it yelled BOHO! Or maybe it […]
The post Mantel decorating with a reclaimed scrap wood window box appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
I’m rather excited to share this funky garden junk orb project, because it involves the great outdoors! You’ve asked me for 2 years to post more outdoor projects, so that’s a new goal I’m attempting this year. I’m also excited about today, because this is part of a very large blog hop, hosted by Hometalk, where […]
So… something happened after Journal 3 – just getting on with it. As your comments have come gratefully pouring in, my little brain went KABOOM… and I started hustling. I promise to sit down and read your wonderful comments tonight…. I’m excited at what you had to say! But I think it’s safe to say, the theory […]
The post A faux spilled bucket of spring flowers, and a cleaner flower bed appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
When I went to the farmer’s market this past weekend, there was one booth that had this adorable antique wagon. As soon as I spotted it, I deemed it mine… if they would sell it. Crossing my fingers… SOLD! So today, being so gorgeous out, I was in the mood to do a quick DIY […]
The post Flower filled Baycrest antique wagon by the front door appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.