Articles on this Page
- 02/08/17--01:13: _3 ways to use a rec...
- 02/17/17--00:38: _The epic winter my ...
- 02/22/17--23:29: _Oversized spring ga...
- 03/10/17--01:01: _Quirky 2 ladder she...
- 05/01/17--22:23: _She Shed soil sifte...
- 05/11/17--21:26: _Cleaning up the cor...
- 05/14/17--00:42: _Sign stenciled fabr...
- 05/22/17--23:57: _The Garden of Eden ...
- 05/30/17--22:57: _Genius planter boxe...
- 06/01/17--00:00: _Potting Shed shutte...
- 07/17/17--00:47: _Buffalo Checked pla...
- 07/24/17--12:09: _Welcome to my branc...
- 09/21/17--23:42: _Welcome Fall quirky...
- 10/02/17--11:45: _Stencil a reversibl...
- 10/09/17--12:20: _Buffalo check and P...
- 10/11/17--12:12: _Lessons from the fa...
- 10/12/17--23:02: _Surviving the storm...
- 11/13/17--19:50: _Super festive Chris...
- 11/21/17--23:42: _Scrap wood buffalo ...
- 11/26/17--20:11: _Pallet wood You Cut...
- 02/08/17--01:13: 3 ways to use a reclaimed wood salvaged junk heart
- 02/17/17--00:38: The epic winter my wish came true
- 02/22/17--23:29: Oversized spring garden tulip crate flowerbed. Literally.
- 03/10/17--01:01: Quirky 2 ladder shelving in the entry
- 05/01/17--22:23: She Shed soil sifter gardening station sign
- 05/11/17--21:26: Cleaning up the corners, outdoors and within.
- 05/14/17--00:42: Sign stenciled fabric for the pallet wood chairs
- 05/22/17--23:57: The Garden of Eden bike ride, and on setting boundaries
- 05/30/17--22:57: Genius planter boxes, a great new weeder and flowers
- 06/01/17--00:00: Potting Shed shutters and new flowers for the shed
- 07/24/17--12:09: Welcome to my branched front door, barn wood bench and wood mat.
- 09/21/17--23:42: Welcome Fall quirky reclaimed wood pumpkin sign
- 10/02/17--11:45: Stencil a reversible Christmas and Fall Buffalo Check Cabin Pillow
- 10/09/17--12:20: Buffalo check and Plaid placemats for a fall or everyday table
- 10/11/17--12:12: Lessons from the fall rain
- 10/12/17--23:02: Surviving the storm and trimming the shrubs
- 11/13/17--19:50: Super festive Christmas and winter directional signs
- 11/21/17--23:42: Scrap wood buffalo check and snowflake Christmas ornaments
- 11/26/17--20:11: Pallet wood You Cut Tree Farm Christmas sign
I keep wanting to refer to our record breaking current snow weather. When it kinda takes over your life, it’s hard for it not to be on your constant radar. Since Friday, we started getting dumped on. In 3 days, we had over 80 cm, or 31″. For a place that is use to mowing their […]
The post 3 ways to use a reclaimed wood salvaged junk heart appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
I do love my snow. But after our last snowfall (right when I was attempting to take off for Maui over Christmas), I really thought that was it for us. But I was soooooo wrong. After my return, over the course of 3 days, 80 cm (pretty much 3 feet) hit us. And for BC’s west […]
When my dear blogging friend Carole from Garden Up Green asked me to review her new gardening book coming out, the first words out of my mouth were, “It’s about time!” Carole lives in the country on a hobby farm, and her #1 passion is gardening, so this was long time coming. And if you’ve been […]
The post Oversized spring garden tulip crate flowerbed. Literally. appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
This super quirky 2 ladder shelving in the entry was all thanks to yet ANOTHER closet redo. Remember the post about the cheap closet kit in my son’s room? The same treatment was done in our little entryway closet, and this was the result. I can’t seem to find the before picture, so I’ll spare you […]
Back when the two garden themed stencils were developed, Grit Antiques came out with a She Shed project. I didn’t make a stencil that said She Shed! Miss Clever Jane just got all creative with Shed and made it up. Ever since that project, I vowed to do something She Shed-ish myself! And today was the day. […]
I am rather proud of me. I use to work all day, then all evening. Or even late into the night to compensate for day appointments. Workworkwork. These days, my regular routine is much different. Much. After dinner, I get outdoors and walk or bike or both. Then I come into the house, shower, then basically collapse […]
Blame this one on Bliss Ranch’s AMAZING chairs. And then came I Restore Stuff’s crazy cool carpet. And then there’s Front Porch Mercantile’s decadent bench idea… Oh my goodness. I resolved to try those ideas somewhere! I just didn’t know where yet. Until this past week… As you know from my last post, I just finished pressure […]
On the exercise front, I’ve still been walking or biking rain or shine daily. Actually, I took two days off recently. One because I went on a 2 hour bike ride the day before that totally did me in, and two, because I decided to stay home one evening and pressure wash the front driveway […]
The post The Garden of Eden bike ride, and on setting boundaries appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
I told myself… “You don’t need them. Don’t do it! You like not watering… no flowers will be FINE!” But, what is it about hot sunny days that make you sprint for the local greenhouse anyway?! Ah well, I was weak and went. And came back with stuff of course. Which is ok. My Potting […]
The post Genius planter boxes, a great new weeder and flowers appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
Well, as you already know from the greenhouse touring post, I buckled down and bought some new flowers for summer. With a freshly pressure washed shed, this thing was ready for blooms! I really did love last summer’s Potting Shed rake sign with the potted flowers, however I wanted to do something slightly different this […]
The post Potting Shed shutters and new flowers for the shed appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
As you may remember, I was recently on this epic little cabin in the woods getaway, where I fell in LOVE with their outdoor dining / living room. So much so, as soon as both my feet were planted on home ground, I started planning and plotting some new patio changes. First up… I had to get […]
The post Buffalo Checked plain red cushions for 2 cabin-inspired outdoor sitting areas appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
We are not kind to front doors. Ok, the fact that the front door stuck terribly, and that I store my bike in the front entry did not help the cause. I LOVED my front door colour (you can see HERE in Homestead Blue)… however I either needed to repaint it blue again or… how […]
The post Welcome to my branched front door, barn wood bench and wood mat. appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
This summer when I painted my front door Bayberry green, I was soooo looking forward to playing with fall and Christmas decor against it! It’s such a lovely natural moss green tone that just seems to go with anything. Nature never fails as inspiration, does it? So blame this project on my 2nd Starbucks pumpkin […]
Imagine ALL your all season home decor items having the ability to magically morph into full out fall or Christmas with the snap of your fingers. Wouldn’t it be amazing to get rid of the big boxes of Christmas we only use 1 month out of the entire year? Only to use things we use every day instead? Yes… why yes it […]
The post Stencil a reversible Christmas and Fall Buffalo Check Cabin Pillow appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
I really do love my big metal kitchen island that also doubles as a table. And I also really love my pallet wood sawhorse office desk where a kitchen table would normally go. All that works in this house. It really does. However I secretly miss having a kitchen table at times. I’m picturing a big […]
The post Buffalo check and Plaid placemats for a fall or everyday table appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
I’m beginning to appreciate the many layers of fall. It seems like yesterday that I was moping about the heat of summer leaving us. It packed its shades and sunscreen and just flat out left our country seemingly overnight, leaving leaves all over the place in complete haste. The nerve! I guess that meant while I moped about being home […]
The other night, the wind was absolutely howling through our little valley leaving me surprised any tree was left standing. But you can bet this blogger-nerd was on top of it! I ran out there barefoot my iPhone and captured a true Instagram Stories moment filming the willow tree out back swaying like crazy. It was gorgeous actually. Sidenote: […]
I have always ALWAYS loved the look of a multi-directional sign. Whether it’s on a ski hill or while vacationing, I’ve always admired how neat a bunch of signs all in one spot actually look. Especially if you are a signaholic type… So I decided to try my hand at making the idea myself. I gathered […]
The post Super festive Christmas and winter directional signs appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
Over the years, I’ve managed to diminish my Christmas box stash down to two boxes. One with lights and a few ornaments, and the other with a few faux wreaths. That’s it. In some ways, I need a major kudos for letting go of so. much. stuff! And in other ways, well, let’s just say, I scold […]
The post Scrap wood buffalo check and snowflake Christmas ornaments appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
Slow as molasses is about the best description I can come up with in regards to my Christmas decorating. I got started on my mantel, however with a major monsoon going on outside (that’s my shopping centre for all things green), the branches would have to wait. The delay proved to be good I suppose. The […]