Articles on this Page
- 12/06/17--14:19: _Christmas tree in a...
- 12/07/17--16:19: _Tree farm themed Ch...
- 12/10/17--19:33: _Faux industrial car...
- 12/13/17--12:03: _Cozy cabin branch f...
- 12/17/17--18:00: _Christmas Junk Favo...
- 12/23/17--22:50: _Christmas junk home...
- 01/02/18--11:02: _Happy New Year ice ...
- 01/08/18--22:54: _Rustic winter decor...
- 01/11/18--22:25: _A bike ride in the ...
- 08/24/18--15:08: _Reversible DIY recl...
- 09/19/18--20:53: _How to ramp up icon...
- 11/25/18--21:53: _Illuminated Christm...
- 11/27/18--20:52: _Rusty junk wooden s...
- 11/29/18--21:36: _String wrapped wood...
- 12/05/18--21:23: _Cozy and cute Merry...
- 12/07/18--00:21: _Rustic wood Christm...
- 12/10/18--21:40: _30 minute chippy wo...
- 12/12/18--21:23: _Finding ‘the one’ a...
- 12/18/18--00:10: _Buffalo Checked sle...
- 12/20/18--00:26: _Snowshoes in a Chri...
- 12/06/17--14:19: Christmas tree in an Antiques crate
- 12/07/17--16:19: Tree farm themed Christmas front porch
- 12/10/17--19:33: Faux industrial cart coffee crate side table
- 12/13/17--12:03: Cozy cabin branch filled Christmas mantel
- 12/17/17--18:00: Christmas Junk Favorite Projects Blog Hop!
- 12/23/17--22:50: Christmas junk home tour 2017
- 01/02/18--11:02: Happy New Year ice storm musings
- 01/08/18--22:54: Rustic winter decorating with black, white and wood
- 01/11/18--22:25: A bike ride in the snow… and 4 brave things.
- 08/24/18--15:08: Reversible DIY reclaimed wood Flower and Apple Farm crate with video
- 11/25/18--21:53: Illuminated Christmas Trees mantel sign
- 11/27/18--20:52: Rusty junk wooden snowmen with rotating scarves
- 11/29/18--21:36: String wrapped wood Christmas trees with junk stands and sign
- 12/05/18--21:23: Cozy and cute Merry Christmas and Plaid stenciled pillows
- 12/07/18--00:21: Rustic wood Christmas candles with a snowflake shelf
- 12/10/18--21:40: 30 minute chippy wood kitchen island revamp
- 12/12/18--21:23: Finding ‘the one’ at the Christmas tree farm
- 12/20/18--00:26: Snowshoes in a Christmas kitchen forest with sign
While I’ve been busy downsizing the amount of stuff in my home, one thing has still remained that seems to follow me from room to room. This big ‘ol black distressed box / crate / trunk with rope handles thing has great bones! It even has a lid attached. I’ve been using it lately for […]
One day, I dream of having a big, wonderful farmhouse front porch that’s easy to capture in pictures. Until then,welcome one and all, to my skinny little front overhang with the most challenging photo taking angles in the land! Not only is there a little tree in the way, the three brick posts holding the roof are plunked down […]
This next year, I plan to ‘upgrade’ a few key pieces of furniture that I’ve made over the years, to give them more of a ‘grown up industrial edge’. Yes. I want my junk to grow up. Just a little. For one, while my pallet wood TV media stand is still standing strong, I’d love to […]
Would you believe, for several long weeks my mantel was completely bare? Oh it was. The fireplace makes quite a statement all on its own even bare! However leaving it bare just felt… I don’t know. Light. It wasn’t intentional. I had just been ‘borrowing’ things it had on it for elsewhere until it had nothing left! The mantel store […]
With only one more week to go before Christmas (egads…), I am still busy fluffing the joint up! So when the idea of showcasing our favorite Christmas Junk projects past and present came up, let’s just say I NEEEEEDED this. This little deadline gave me the perfect opportunity to make something new to pretty up yet another corner […]
Once upon a time, I use to take part in blogger’s big home tours at the start of December. These days? Laughable! Here it is 2 days before Christmas and I nearly sorda have it all together. And I only hit the two main rooms in the house plus my front porch. It’s just about […]
Happy New Year, dear friends! And what a new year it has been in our neck of the woods. We were hit with a major ice storm right after Christmas, and it’s been cold enough to hold onto those temps and most of the ice. It’s starting to get old now though with crusty, dirty […]
To winter decorate or not to winter decorate… That was a real question for a while. Traditionally, once Christmas is a wrap, I like to take everything down and pull the decorating back to bare bones to enjoy the empty sparce look for a spell. However, once I started undecorating the Christmas tree, I stopped. […]
The post Rustic winter decorating with black, white and wood appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
Yesterday was NEARLY thee day… but not quite. I had been patiently waiting for the remaining ice on the road to leave the premises so I could finally hop on my bike and hit the trails. However road shoulders were still inhabited by those annoying little ice glaciers. So I set off on foot instead, […]
Every morning, I enjoy my first cup of brew on my outdoor patio overlooking the mountain view. There’s just something about nature that pulls me outdoors, no matter what the weather. Unfortunately, our BC skies have been filled with forest fire smoke lately, creating an eerie pink glowing sun. It just seems that our summers […]
The post Reversible DIY reclaimed wood Flower and Apple Farm crate with video appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
Happy fall everyone! Although we’re in full-out fall season here with endless rainy days at times, when that sun comes out, it’s sprint time for a chance to enjoy a bike ride through all those fallen leaves! However, rainy days do make pretty fabulous guilt-free indoor-creating days, do they not? Which helped make a year-long […]
The post How to ramp up iconic fall directional signs with an advanced drop shadow technique appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
“I’m going really minimalist this Christmas”, I said to myself about 2 weeks ago. I was in the middle of this big purging spree, and I got most of my surfaces either bare or one thing on them. I didn’t recognize myself! So when I fired up this idea for the mantel, I laid out […]
Someone asked me in comments if I could make some reclaimed wood snowmen. YES! Yes, I’ve been meaning to do this forever! Give me a challenge with reclaimed wood and I am SO in. So I quickly jotted it down in my make-this list yesterday, fully planning on doing this today. As you can already […]
Christmas trees are kinda near and dear to my heart. As a kid, our tree was always real, heavy with tinsel and tin light protectors on big, colourful glass bulbs. We were allowed (I think?) to sneak downstairs and bring one gift back upstairs to unwrap in bed, to hold us over until it was […]
The post String wrapped wood Christmas trees with junk stands and sign appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
I had this vision of what I wish my living room to look like this Christmas… I can’t wait to share the inspiration picture with you! However I think I’ll honour that on the day I’ve hopefully done it some justice… I even had it all planned right down to the throw pillows. So when […]
The post Cozy and cute Merry Christmas and Plaid stenciled pillows appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
I really love the look of candles. I love how they flicker and make everything soooo cozy. However, I rarely burn them these days. I guess the resistance stems back from when my son was young. A flickering flame was just a dangerous thing back then. And now with jumping cats, I’m still leery. Probably […]
The post Rustic wood Christmas candles with a snowflake shelf appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
Not sure if I’ve ever shared this story on the blog before, however, the cupboard part of my kitchen island was a ‘mistake’. Kitchen tour HERE When the kitchen was renovated, I ordered up a ‘distressed black cabinet’ that looked nothing like the rest of the wood cabinets. My goal had been for it to […]
For the longest while, I wasn’t sure what direction I was going with the family Christmas tree this year. I do have this vision of a ‘tree forest in the snow’… however my mind’s eye could see was anything but a faux tree. Quite the opposite! I love my faux Christmas Ikea tree but I […]
A few years back, I worked for a themed environment artist. The job description that day was to paint various boxes that were set on a parade float platform, to resemble a lit up village. The technique we were to use was super loose and dare I say… messy. While my partner in crime […]
The post Buffalo Checked sleigh and star with tree sign using a messy technique appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
I’ve always wanted snowshoes to decorate with. As in, EVERY. SINGLE. WINTER. I just haven’t landed any in my area. I’m not near any antique stores so this dream just never came to pass. Until this year. I knew I wanted this year’s Christmas theme to be forest-like… and boy would snowshoes be perfect. My […]