Articles on this Page
- 11/29/18--21:36: _String wrapped wood...
- 12/05/18--21:23: _Cozy and cute Merry...
- 12/07/18--00:21: _Rustic wood Christm...
- 12/10/18--21:40: _30 minute chippy wo...
- 12/12/18--21:23: _Finding ‘the one’ a...
- 12/18/18--00:10: _Buffalo Checked sle...
- 12/20/18--00:26: _Snowshoes in a Chri...
- 12/23/18--23:28: _Christmas tree fore...
- 12/24/18--21:52: _Christmas junk home...
- 12/31/18--10:13: _An epic Christmas b...
- 11/29/18--21:36: String wrapped wood Christmas trees with junk stands and sign
- 12/05/18--21:23: Cozy and cute Merry Christmas and Plaid stenciled pillows
- 12/07/18--00:21: Rustic wood Christmas candles with a snowflake shelf
- 12/10/18--21:40: 30 minute chippy wood kitchen island revamp
- 12/12/18--21:23: Finding ‘the one’ at the Christmas tree farm
- 12/20/18--00:26: Snowshoes in a Christmas kitchen forest with sign
- 12/23/18--23:28: Christmas tree forest with DIY reclaimed wood crate skirt
- 12/24/18--21:52: Christmas junk home tour
- 12/31/18--10:13: An epic Christmas bike ride thanks to changing traditions
Christmas trees are kinda near and dear to my heart. As a kid, our tree was always real, heavy with tinsel and tin light protectors on big, colourful glass bulbs. We were allowed (I think?) to sneak downstairs and bring one gift back upstairs to unwrap in bed, to hold us over until it was […]
The post String wrapped wood Christmas trees with junk stands and sign appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
I had this vision of what I wish my living room to look like this Christmas… I can’t wait to share the inspiration picture with you! However I think I’ll honour that on the day I’ve hopefully done it some justice… I even had it all planned right down to the throw pillows. So when […]
The post Cozy and cute Merry Christmas and Plaid stenciled pillows appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
I really love the look of candles. I love how they flicker and make everything soooo cozy. However, I rarely burn them these days. I guess the resistance stems back from when my son was young. A flickering flame was just a dangerous thing back then. And now with jumping cats, I’m still leery. Probably […]
The post Rustic wood Christmas candles with a snowflake shelf appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
Not sure if I’ve ever shared this story on the blog before, however, the cupboard part of my kitchen island was a ‘mistake’. Kitchen tour HERE When the kitchen was renovated, I ordered up a ‘distressed black cabinet’ that looked nothing like the rest of the wood cabinets. My goal had been for it to […]
For the longest while, I wasn’t sure what direction I was going with the family Christmas tree this year. I do have this vision of a ‘tree forest in the snow’… however my mind’s eye could see was anything but a faux tree. Quite the opposite! I love my faux Christmas Ikea tree but I […]
A few years back, I worked for a themed environment artist. The job description that day was to paint various boxes that were set on a parade float platform, to resemble a lit up village. The technique we were to use was super loose and dare I say… messy. While my partner in crime […]
The post Buffalo Checked sleigh and star with tree sign using a messy technique appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
I’ve always wanted snowshoes to decorate with. As in, EVERY. SINGLE. WINTER. I just haven’t landed any in my area. I’m not near any antique stores so this dream just never came to pass. Until this year. I knew I wanted this year’s Christmas theme to be forest-like… and boy would snowshoes be perfect. My […]
I gave myself a deadline on Saturday. Self, the livingroom MUST be complete, and clean for a photo shoot on Sunday! Boy, did I have my work cut out for me. I was stalling because while I had this vision of a Christmas tree forest in the livingroom, I wasn’t sure what to use for […]
The post Christmas tree forest with DIY reclaimed wood crate skirt appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.
Here we are, at the end of 2018. Another year come and gone. Isn’t it neat that Christmas ends up right at the end of it all? Kinda like a big, beautiful celebration to just end the year right! And with Christmas eve in full swing today, this will of course be my last post […]
I think for the most part, most of us make Christmas plans, then we simply follow through. Then there are those that may tweak ‘the rules’ a little here or there… maybe either to change things up to introduce some new traditions or because changing circumstances require it. Changing up Christmas traditions can be a […]
The post An epic Christmas bike ride thanks to changing traditions appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.